What I’ve been working on: I’ve been hard at work (sort of) on Cell Story! It’s up to 53,000 words right now, with another 40,000 to go, I think. I’m really enjoying writing this one, even though it wants to be written at the pace of glaciers.
Also, pass pages for MY LADY JANE have arrived! I wish I could show you the beautiful insides of this book, but you’ll just have to wait. Trust me, though, it looks amazing. And we should be able to share a cover soon, I think!
What I’ve been reading:
- SINNER by Maggie Stiefvater – I think this is my favorite of the Wolves of Mercy Falls books, even though it doesn’t take place in Mercy Falls. I loved wolf-as-addiction and the struggle against mental illness, and of course the prose.
- DEEP AND DARK AND DANGEROUS by Mary Downing Hahn — A bag of books landed at my house for a little while, with a few MDH books I hadn’t yet read. So I went for it. I read all three in one day. Twelve-year-old Jodi would have been so thrilled with these.
- ALL THE LOVELY BAD ONES by Mary Downing Hahn
- THE GHOST OF CRUTCHFIELD HALL by Mary Downing Hahn
- THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak — I kept hearing about this one, like it was some kind of miracle book. But books with that much hype don’t usually live up to my expectations at that point, so I avoided it, until the aforementioned bag of books came to my house. I figured I should probably give this one a shot . . . and I’m so glad I did. It really was all that. I adored it. The writing, the characters, the beautiful plot. Toward the end, when everything gets really bad, I had to put the book down so I could go cry in peace.
What I’ve been watching: Hubs and I have been moving through our TV shows again, now that the previous seasons are showing up on Netflix and DVDs. We rewatched the first two seasons of ARROW, which was super fun, of course, and while we waited for the discs for season three to arrive, we took a break with GOTHAM, which I wasn’t sure I’d like, but I ended up loving.
What I’ve been yarning: I’ve been a mitt-knitting machine!
What the ferrets have been up toThe usual. (The only time I can get a focused photo of them is when they’re snoozing.)
What the Kippy has been up to: Kippy is a bit better about posing for photos.