I was in NYC at the end of February and by the time I got home, a couple of days into March, I kept thinking I should post my roundup . . . and then it didn’t happen, because Cell Story edits came in and I was far more interested in working on my book than doing blog stuff. Heh. So, I’m catching up for two months!
What I’ve been working on: Cell Story! As I mentioned, I got my edit letter, so I’ve been hard at work on the book, expanding here, trimming there, pulling this thing so it shows a little more. It’s a lot of work, but I’m so glad that I’m getting the chance to write this, and that I will get to share it with you . . . in 2017. :)
Otherwise, I’ve just been preparing for THE MIRROR KING’s launch next week!
What I’ve been reading: As usual, I haven’t read nearly as much as I’d like.
- MORTAL HEART by Robin LaFevers – I. Love. This. Book. I didn’t know that I could love it harder than I loved GRAVE MERCY, the first book in this series, but somehow, I did.
- THE CROSSOVER by Kwame Alexander – I picked up this book when I saw Kwame at a festival last year, and though I’d never seen myself reading a book about basketball, or really embracing a book in verse . . . this worked for me. There were actual tears involved with reading this book.
- WILLOWGROVE by Kathleen Peacock – This is the final book in Kathleen’s HEMLOCK trilogy. A beautiful and heartbreaking end.
- SIX OF CROWS by Leigh Bardugo – I think I’m the last of my friends to read this, but darn you were all right. That was thrilling.
- TINY PRETTY THINGS by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton – I kept telling one of my writing friends about this book while I was reading, because it’s right up her alley. My calls always started out, “You have to read this now. You will not believe what these ballerinas did to another ballerina. I’m kind of freaking out.”
- MORRIGHAN by Mary E. Pearson – This is a novella set in the Remnant Chronicles world, which, as you know, is one of my favorite series of all time. This was no exception to the complete beauty of that series.
What I’ve been watching: Hubs and I have been rewatching a lot of the Marvel movies, which is always fun. And, we rewatched Daredevil season 1 so I could emotionally prepare for season 2. I was not prepared. I was a mess the whole season.
What I’ve been yarning: Mostly, I’ve been making socks.
And a hat.
What the ferrets have been up to:
What the Kippy has been up to:
Other things you might be interested in:
The preorder quote card giveaway is over — I’m all out of cards! Yay!
I’m doing some traveling soon. You can keep up with my schedule here.
And if you are going to any of my launch events for MK — that’s DC, Austin, and Boston — then please fill out this simple form so I know how many quote cards to bring. I want to make sure everyone gets one and I’ll feel terrible if there aren’t enough.
MK bookmarks are in!! Aren’t they gorgeous? They’ll be coming to my events with me, getting shipped with giveaway prizes, and all that good stuff.
The Lady Janies went to NYC (which is why I didn’t post last month) and we did some knitting. In the NY Public Library.
Just a few more days until this beauty is in stores!!