Hello readers! It’s that time!
BEFORE SHE IGNITES is available for preorder, and for those of you who remember what happened last year (and the year before!), this will be easy peasy. I made some calligraphy cards with BEFORE SHE IGNITES quotes, and I want to give these cards to you!
Additionally, I’ll include a bookmark, signed bookplate, a postcard . . . and a very special dragon card with art by the one and only Tiffie. All the swag (and this fab graphic, which you can totally share) is designed by the lovely Sarah at the YA Book Traveler.
Here’s how you can get this:
1. Preorder BEFORE SHE IGNITES.
2. Take a photo of the receipt/forward your order confirmation/take a screenshot (whatever you can easily do) — just send some sort of proof to me at unicornwarlord (at) gmail (dot) com. (Yes, you can delete any personal information you don’t want me to see. But I promise I won’t be looking at it, just the preorder confirmation bit.)
3. Make sure you include your address exactly as it needs to be on the envelope. (I will not be able to resend.) Put your name and address on the very top of the email so I can find it without searching.
4. Yep, this is international. (If you’re not in the USA, be extra clear about your address.)
5. If you preorder multiple copies, yes, you get multiple cards. One for each copy. Tell me at the top of the email, along with your address.
6. I’m opening the giveaway now, a couple of months before the book releases, but I won’t start sending envelopes until August, thanks to various deadlines.
7. I will send packages until I run out of quote cards.
If you haven’t preordered yet, here are a few handy links:
And if you’d like to preorder a signed book:
If you order from one of these stores, you’ll get double the goodies, and the quote card will be a special shiny card available only to readers who come to those events or order BSI from those stores. Also, supporting independent bookstores is good for you.
Mira Minkoba is the Hopebearer. Since the day she was born, she’s been told she’s special. Important. Perfect. She’s known across the Fallen Isles not just for her beauty, but for the Mira Treaty named after her, a peace agreement which united the seven islands against their enemies on the mainland.
But Mira has never felt as perfect as everyone says. She counts compulsively. She struggles with crippling anxiety. And she’s far too interested in dragons for a girl of her station.
Then Mira discovers an explosive secret that challenges everything she and the Treaty stand for. Betrayed by the very people she spent her life serving, Mira is sentenced to the Pit–the deadliest prison in the Fallen Isles. There, a cruel guard would do anything to discover the secret she would die to protect.
No longer beholden to those who betrayed her, Mira must learn to survive on her own and unearth the dark truths about the Fallen Isles–and herself–before her very world begins to collapse.
Jodi Meadows’s new Fallen Isles series blazes with endangered magic, slow-burn romance, and inner fire.