Hello readers! I have something for you!
Some of you might already know this is coming, especially if you’ve been watching my Instagram feed.
For THE ORPHAN QUEEN, I decided to learn calligraphy. (The main character, Wilhelmina, is great at it. And, ahem, forgery.) At first, I just wanted to know how it felt. And then I developed an addiction. And then I realized I could write OQ quotes on cards and give them away.
Here’s how to get a quote card of your very own:
1. Preorder THE ORPHAN QUEEN.
2. Take a photo of the receipt/forward your order confirmation/take a screencap (whatever you can easily do) — just send some sort of proof to me at unicornwarlord (at) gmail (dot) com. (Yes, you can delete any personal information you don’t want me to see. But I promise I won’t be looking at it, just the preorder confirmation bit.)
3. Make sure you include your address exactly as it needs to be on the envelope. (I’m buying a lot of stamps for this and we’ll just have to pray that everything makes it. I can’t resend.) If you put your name and address on the very top of the email so I can find it right off, that will be super helpful.
4. Yep, this is international, too. (If you’re not in the USA, be extra clear about your address.)
5. If you preorder multiple copies, yes, you get multiple cards. One for each copy.
That’s it! Let me know if you have questions.
I’ll send quote cards until I run out (I’ll announce when I run out, but right now I have just over 200) or until March 1, whichever comes first. Right now, this is the only way to get one of these cards.** Think of them as a special thank you for supporting THE ORPHAN QUEEN before it even comes out.
Books of Wonder (where I’ll be for the book launch party) will also have quote cards in the books they ship out, so if you preorder from them, you could end up with two!
**I’ll likely also bring some to my first couple of OQ events — but that’s a different blog post. It’s possible I’ll randomly make some in the future for flash giveaways, but nothing to this scale.